There are plenty of sports that are being played by hundreds and thousand of people all over the world. And those sports are loved by millions of people. With that, the journalists have critical role of carefully researching which type of sport is the most popular and what is the next one. The thing is, survey and researches must be done yearly because people’s interests are changing. This year most people might be in to soccer but the following year they are into football. Things like that.
Basically almost every journalists are have been dealing with this conundrum and crucial of ranking sports for plenty of years now. Almost every day they must deal with the continuous changing of statistics and rankings of the popular sports we like to watch. When it comes to ranking, it is important to make a criteria or standards on what sport is the most popular.
Some of the criteria are:
1. The number of TV viewers
2. The number of famous and professional players
3. The number of sponsorship and commercials
4. It accessibility to the public viewers
5. Social media activity.
Based on the previous reports and data, the most famous sports are of the following
1. Football – the dominance of this kind of sport is very clear and obvious. It might not probably surprise you to read that football ranks the most popular type of sport. You know you are a fanatic if you are enjoying watching Highlights football no matter how many times you watch it.
One possible reason why football is the most popular sport is because it is accessible in almost every country.
2. Basketball – basketball fanatics be like “why is basketball not the most popular sport?”. But the past 10 years of data shows that football is still consistent to its popularity. However, good thing about this is that basketball will always be the second popular sport next to football.
3. Tennis– the next most popular sport is tennis and a lot of people find this hard to believe. But try to think of it, tennis is a universal game where any age group can easily learn unlike football that requires skill and energy.